As of 2020, with the latest advancements in tools and technologies, we see many changes in organizations' functioning and developmental growth. It is essential to maintain a positive environment with good relationships with the multiple groups within the organization. To attain business growth and meet the client requirements, all the organizations' employees maintain and ensure to meet the SLA's assigned as per the task or operation. SLA Servicenow includes setting the time or condition to get the job completed within the given requirements or deadlines. In this article, you will gain an understanding of SLA ServiceNow, its importance, different terminologies used in it, along with steps to create an SLA in ServiceNow.
SLA stands for Service Level Agreement, often referred to as a contract between the internal or external customers and the service provider. The contract consists of the services' documentation that the service provider is responsible for providing along with the service standards.
SLA also refers to the agreement that defines the constraints like timings, conditions, workflow, and other related details used to create and progress task SLAs.
It is the service providers' responsibility to help the management in meeting the customer requirements and expectations, define the circumstances that do not come under the liability for outages or any performance issues. The clients or the customers are also benefited through SLAs as they help describe the service's performance characteristics. The SLAs are also used to compare with the other vendor SLAs.
SLA is referred to as one of the foundational agreements that the customers hold. Most of the service providers will maintain the master service agreement to provide general terms and conditions. The SLA is incorporated based on the master service agreement. Among the two service contracts,the SLA adds an advantage with greater specificity for the services provider and the matrix that will help measure the performance of the business and individuals.
In the other terms, refers to the agreement that consists of the statement of objectives, the listed format of the services that can be covered by the agreement along with the responsibilities of a service provider.
There are different terminologies used in SLA. You will need to use their cell definition record to define the specific set of criteria required in an SLA being generated. They are listed below:
1. Table: The term used to represent the task table that the SLA is defined for.
2. Duration: This term is used to define the service's time duration to be provided to the customer.
3. Schedule: The schedule term indicates the working and non-working days does a service provider would follow for this service delivery. The selected schedule is used for the determination of the SLA breach.
4. Condition: The condition term refers to the condition that comes under the SLA in which the SLA will stop, pause, reset, or start.
You are allowed to select one of the two SLA duration types to define the length of the time the task must be completed before the SLA breach occurs. There are two types of duration types. They are User-specified duration and relative duration.
In the user-specified duration, you can choose the length of the time an SLA must Run before it is marked as breached.
In the relative directions, you will need to specify the duration related based on the start time of the task SLA. The relative durations are defined using the script.
User-specified duration: The specified user duration refers to the duration period, which is generally 8 hours and the business schedule. Duration field will be displayed a loving you to set the length of the time in days, minutes, hours, and seconds that SLA must Run for it is marked as breached.
Relative duration: Duration is used to specify the direction relative to the start time of the task SLA. You are allowed to define the relative duration sets in the core configuration using the script based duration calculations.
Schedules: There is an impact on the duration specified on the schedules that are specified in the SLA definition. The impact will be represented in the form of timings that are considered while calculating the SLA. If there is no schedule selected for an SLA, the SLA will be running 24x7.
Time zones in SLA: You are also allowed to specify the geographical time zone used for the specific schedule calculation. You need to specify the time zone source when you are creating the SLA's for tasks.
SLA condition: There are six SLA conditions. They are:
The start condition will help you define the conditions under which the SLA will need to be attached.
The cancel condition I will help you in defining the conditions under which the SLA has to be canceled. You are also allowed to specify the cancel conditions along with the start conditions.
The pause condition will help you define the requirements under which the SLA has to be suspended by increasing the elapsed time.
Resume condition will help you in defining the conditions under which the SLA will resume. You are also allowed to specify the resume conditions at the same time when you are specifying the pause conditions.
The Stop condition will help in defining the conditions under which the SLA has to be completed.
The recent condition will help you in defining the conditions under which the excellence will be completed, and then you send a has to be attached.
Below the steps to be followed to create a ServiceNow SLA definition.
1. You need to navigate to the service level agreement or SLA definition in ServiceNow.
2. You need to click on New to create a new SLA definition.
3. You need to specify the name for SLA under the name.
4. Select the type of agreement defined as an SLA, OLA, or contract.
5. Select the table which will help in recording the SLA tracks.
6. You need to select the work that helps determine the activities that occur in response to the SLA. Workflows are used for creating the events that will send notifications.
7. You need to select the group that owns an SLA definition and also the access information
8. You need to specify the duration or the length of the time the SLA runs before it is breached.
9. You need to specify the schedule source when you are creating the task SLAs.
10. define the start condition under which the SLA is attached.
11. Also define the retroactive start, pause, stop, reset conditions.
12. Update the notifications so that they can be sent out based on the user request.
SLA in ServiceNow is playing a prominent role in the current world of advancements and technologies. The business organizations are able to meet the requirements and Expectations of the customers within the given timeframes. Meeting and maintaining the SLAs and becoming an essential task in every organization. It has become a standard format or a standard rule applicable in the functions associated with the organization. I would recommend you to get trained and certified in ServiceNow as it is one of the leading and trending technologies and tools in the current IT industry. It will help you in attaining a successful career in the forthcoming future.