When you have a company, you have to find some ways how you can automate the majority of the tasks. Some tasks can be repetitive and waste time for your workers or staff. Using software's like Salesforce CRM can help you a lot. It eliminates all the manual processes that exist in the company workflow. Some of the essential processes are the approval processes, which take a lot of time. Salesforce has put in place ways to handle the approval processes.
It is an automated process that helps approve different processes using Salesforce CRM. It uses different steps that different users, like managers and groups, can use to approve or reject several records. It consists of different actions one can take when the records get approved, recalled, or the first submission and rejected. Most of the approval process has conditions to be met for the processes to work. An example is a loan application where the customer submits the details to the company manager, the approval can wait for the manager, or the application will have to meet the loan application requirements to get approved.
Wish to make a career in the world of salesforce? Start with HKR'S Salesforce Certification Training !
There are several steps one must follow when building the approval process. Some steps include planning, creating the approval process, and approving the actions. Let us discuss the processes below:
During this phase, there are several aspects you have to understand and put in place. Some aspects include creating the required fields, developing the email templates, the objects to use in the approval processes, the approval actions, the status of the records, etc.
Field names include the submission date, approval status(rejected, approved, rejected, recalled, and pending), final approver, amount, opportunity type, compelling reason, opportunity stage, etc.
You can also specify the field types like dates, text areas, formulae, etc.
The following are the steps one must follow when creating an approval process. The steps include:
5. Under the Process Approval Information, input the name, and unique name, specify your criteria under the fields, and under the Approver, choose Let the submitter choose the approver manually and click on the Save button to apply the changes.
6. Go to View Approval Process Detail Page, navigate to Final Approval Actions, choose the Add New option, select Field Update and fill in the name, field to update as Approval Status and A specific value as approved, and click on the Save button to keep the changes.
7. Repeat the step above, but under the name input not approved, under the field to update, choose Approval Status, and under the A Specific value input Not Approved. Click on the Save button.
There are several approval actions that you can use during the Approval actions. Some of the commonly used actions include:
There are several approaches one can use when they want to recall approval requests in the Salesforce CRM. When there are multiple approval requests, you can do the recall with the help of the apex, the developer console, and the lightning flow. These approaches include:
Wish to make a career in the world of salesforce? Start with HKR'S Salesforce Certification Training in Dallas !
Before deletion of the approval process, you have to make it inactive. When you want to delete the Approval process in Salesforce, you must follow several steps. The steps include:
1. The first step is to visit the recycle bin and delete all the records that exist in the bin.
2. The second step is to deactivate the approval process to enable the deletion. There are two ways you can deactivate the processes. The first way is to click on the active processes and choose to Deactivate under the action tab or use the Deactivate option at the top of Process Definition details.
3. After deactivation, click on the processes and click delete.
Get ahead in your career with our Salesforce Tutorial
There are several steps one can follow when they want to enable the approval process for multiple users. They can follow the steps below:
Click here to get frequently asked Salesforce Interview Questions & Answers
You need to know several things when working with the approval processes in Salesforce CRM. Users must follow different steps for the process to be efficient and easier. Approval processes can be tough to implement. You have to be very keen for the processes to work well. You can choose which method works for you better and choose if you want the processes to be done manually or can automate them.
Related Article :
Batch starts on 24th Mar 2023, Fast Track batch
Batch starts on 28th Mar 2023, Weekday batch
Batch starts on 1st Apr 2023, Weekend batch
The workflow involves automation of the internal processes in a company to help in saving time, while the approval process involves automation of records that get approved in Salesforce.
It helps in automating how the records get approved in Salesforce.
The approval process can send emails to the approval manager and other users.
Salesforce flows help collect data and perform different actions on your data either externally or in the Salesforce CRM.