What is SAP EWM (Extended Warehouse Management)
It is one of the functional modules which is used to manage warehouse inventory and supports the processing of goods movements. The SAP EWM also allows organizations to control both inbound and outbound delivery process delivery. and movements in the warehouse. The main purpose to use EWM is to manage the outbound and inbound delivery process, maintain goods receipts, solve goods issues, fulfill customer orders, and goods distributions.
*Note: the SAP EWM is quite different from warehouse management (mostly used in supply chain management) as it offers many advanced features like picking up of goods, RF frameworks, warehouse structure, and flexible enough to manage the warehouse management functions.
Become a master of SAP EWM by going through this HKR SAP EWM Online Training!
Salient features of SAP EWM :
SAP EWM signifies the major key features which are considered so important in any organization; Let us explain one by one;
- With the help of SAP EWM, users can control the various warehouse activities such as picking, posting, managing storage, and good sales document types.
- The SAP EWM helps you to set the alert before the goods receipt transfer from EWM to the SAP ERP system along with this feature, users are also able to perform corrections, reversal, and inbound delivery split from the SAP EWM to the SAP ERP system.
- Users can also perform deconsolidation of the handling of various units that contain product details and their storage locations.
- Users can also determine the storage concepts like product slotting, and optimize the goods arrangements for the warehouse automatically.
- The SAP EWM functional module allows users to perform various tasks like work packaging, and also monitor the warehouse activities which are performed by the warehouse employees.
- The SAP EWM also helps organizations to keep track of the vehicles, and other transportation units (it consists of a yard-in check-in and yard-out checkout) activities.
- SAP EWM also comprises storage and handling of various hazardous substances (such as SAP environmental health, and safety EHS).
- SAP EWM allows organizations to store the labor time, and resource usage effectively( managing the resources effectively).
- The SAP EWM cockpit allows users to perform the transportation of products to various warehouse centers.
SAP EWM modules :
Here we come to the actual topic of the post, the SAP EWM supports a lot of different functional modules. Let’s start learning them one by one;
In this blog, we are going to concentrate only on the functional modules and customer existing transactions. Each functional module is combined with the transactions to create a simple screen or to enhance the current available functional module to meet the specific customer’s requirements.
Processing TRs(transfer requirements) using the functional module :
This type of functional module allows users to create or change the transfer requirements in the warehouse management. You can make use of these types of functional modules instead of using batch input processes this improves the performance of batch input processing.
To perform this action, the following are the important functional modules available:
- L _TR_CREATE_CHECK ->this functional module helps to perform plausibility checks.
- L_TR_CREATE_UPDATE -> this functional module helps to database updated according to plausibility checks.
- L_TR_CREATE -> perform plausibility checks and database updates.
- L_TR_CANCEL -> cancel plausibility checks and database updates.
Processing TOs using the functional module :
In warehouse management, users can create, confirm, and change the transfer order using the various functional modules. Let us make a list of them;
- Report SAPML03T -> this Report SAPML03T consists of the screens and tasks necessary to process external documents.
- Function group LO34 -> this function group contains the essential internal data for creating and confirming the transfer orders and calls up the update program. The function modules from group L034 are for internal use and are therefore not released to customers.
- Function group L03B -> this function group L03B contains the functional modules that you should use instead of batch input or CALL transaction using since they are considerably easier to manage.
- L_TO_CREATE_SINGLE -> create a transfer order (TO) within a single item.
- L_TO_CREATE_MULTIPLE -> create a transfer order with two or more items.
- L_TO_CREATE_MOVE_SU -> create a transfer order to move a storage unit.
- L_TO_CREATE_MOVE_LSR -> initiate a stock transfer of storage units from an external system.
- L_TO_CREATE_TR -> create a transfer order for transfer requirements.
- L_TO_CREATE_DN -> create a transfer order for delivery.
L_TO_CONFIRM -> confirm a transfer order.
- L_TO_CONFIRM_SU -> confirm a transfer order for a storage unit.
- L_TO_CANCEL -> cancel a transfer order.
- L_REF_CREATE -> create a transfer order using multiple processing.
- L_TO_CREATE_2_STEP_PICKING -> create a transfer order for 2 step picking.
- L_TO_CREATE_POSTING_CHANGE -> create transfer order for posting changes.
Explore SAP IUS Sample Resumes Download & Edit, Get Noticed by Top Employers!
SAP EWM Training
- Master Your Craft
- Lifetime LMS & Faculty Access
- 24/7 online expert support
- Real-world & Project Based Learning
Delivery functional modules:
These delivery functional modules enable users to deliver the output or sales-related documentation. Let us know them one by one;
- BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CHANGE ->Logistics execution of BAPI functions.
- BAPI_PO_CHANGE -> change purchase order.
- BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT ->execute external commit when using BA PIs.
- BAPI_PO_CREATE1 -> Create a purchase order.
- BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE -> post goods movements with MB_CREATE_GOODS_MOVEMENT.
- WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE -> update about the warehouse goods delivery.
- GN_DELIVERY_CREATE -> defines the sales document basic functions.
- L_TO_CONFIRM -> confirm transfer order.
- BAPI_SAG_CHANGE -> change scheduling agreements.
- BAPI_SCHEDULE_MAINTAIN -> maintenance of scheduling agreement and delivery schedule lines.
- BAPI_SAG_GETDETAIL -> read out details from the scheduling agreement.
- BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_REJECT -> rejection of delivery changes from WME.
- GUI_UPLOAD -> Upload for the data provider.
- BAPI _DELIVERYPROCESSING_EXEC -> Logistic delivery processing execution.
- WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE2 ->sales documents functionalities.
- CHANGE_DOCUMENT_READ_POSITIONS ->change document read change documents item.
- BAPI_CONTRACT_CREATE ->BAPI to create a purchase contract.
- RV_DELIVERY_CREATE -> create the delivery documents.
- L_TO_CREATE_DN -> create a transfer order for a delivery note.
- BAPI_INB_DELIVERY_CHANGE -> inbound processing delivery change.
- BBP_OUTB_DELIVERY_SPLIT_DEC -> BAPI for subsequent outbound-delivery split from a decentralized system.
- BAPI_HU_PACK -> BAPI for packing an item into an HU.
- BAPI_INCOMINGINVOICE_CHANGE -> invoice verification: change provisional invoice.
- BAPI_OUTB_DFELIVERY _SAVEREPLICA -> BAPI function module for replication of outbound deliveries.
- WS_REVERSE_GOODS_ISSUE -> this functional module will help you to resolve the issues related to the warehouse goods.
- BAPI_INB_DELIVERY_SAVEREPLICA ->BAPI function module for replication of inbound deliveries.
- IDOC_INPUT_INVOICE_FI -> EDI: Invoice receipt (Invoice).
frequently asked SAP EWM Interview Questions and Answers
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
A customer exits functional module for TR selection:
Below are a few major customers exits functional module that permits you to create customer-specific projects used to select the transfer requirements for the automatic creation of transfer orders.
- MWMTOAU1 -> this task allows you to influence the section of transfer requirements for the automatic creation of the transfer orders.
- MWMTOAU2 ->this task allows you to influence the selection of transfer requirements for the automatic creation of the multiple transfer orders using groups.
Customer exits for creating and confirming TOs:
The following functional modules define the customer-specified logics that permit you to involve in the storage bin search process, and afterward to update the customer data using creating and confirming the transfer orders.
- MWMTO001 -> this module update the own data after creating transfer orders.
- MWMTO002 -> this module updates its own data after confirming transfer orders.
- MWMTO003-> customer-defined putaway strategy, this task allows you to create and implement your own putaway strategies.
- MWMTO004 -> customer-defined picking strategy, and also allows you to create and implement your own picking strategy.
- MWMTO005 -> TO-related underdelivery.
- MWMTO006 -> storage bin related over delivery.
- MWMTO007 -> palletization and storage type search for putaway.
- MWMTO008 -> storage type search for picking. This task also allows you to create your own storage type search strategy for stock picking.
- MWMTO009 -> prevents deletion of TO items, this task makes it possible to prevent the deletion of the transfer order items.
Creating/confirming TOs online or through update programs:
For warehouse management, the update programs for creating or confirming transfer orders can be controlled through a separate parameter. Updates for the normal transactions are carried out through the update programs. To perform this task, change the program ML03TPAR.
- DEF_VERBU_CREATE -> this functional module helps you to create default transfer orders with the values “x” for update via the update program and “ “ for update without changing the online process.
- DEF_VERBU_CONFIRM -> default value for the confirming transfer orders with the value “X” for update without changing the online processes.
- COMMIT_WORK -> this functional module allows you to post data in the system without running.
- SET UPDATE TASK LOCAL -> the system posts the data synchronization data updates with the help of this functional module.
Want to know more about Sap EWM Tutorial, visit here SAP EWM Tutorial !
SAP EWM Training
Weekday / Weekend Batches
In this SAP EWM module blog, we have listed out major functional modules and tried to provide a description of each module. Our main aim to develop these core topics is to adhere or guide many SAP communities around the globe to enhance the skills with respect to the modules. Keep on updating yourself to recent trends or technologies to accelerate your SAP career.