Last updated on Dec Fri, 2022 3140
- by Kavya Gowda
Why do we require framework applications?
Framework applications are useful for maintaining reusable codes throughout implementation, whereas enterprise applications are used to preserve reusable codes in an organization.
The following types of Framework applications:
- Application or custom Framework
- Solution Framework
Application or custom Framework: This kind of framework applications are created by the Applications team from scratch to meet their own operational requirements.
Want to Become a Master in Pega? Then visit here to Learn Pega Training
Creating a framework application:
Create a framework application that contains rules common to every part of the organization. These common rules of the framework application will be inherited by the implementation application that is built on the framework application.
- Create a new operator to run the application wizard by following the given steps:
- Using [email protected] operator ID and passwords of this operator login to the Dev studio.
- Record a copy of the current [email protected] operator and provide them with a name that will identify them as an application configuration operator.
- Add the access group PegaCS: AppSetup to the new operator record and then press the radio button to the left side of the access group to choose it as the default access group.
- When the access group is chosen as the default access group for the operator, the new application wizard will open when the operator logs in.
- Now save the new operator.
Related Article: Pega Documentation
Sign In as an application setup operator.
use the following steps of the New Application Wizard to build a new framework application:
- On the page "Are you ready to build a new application," the built-on application is selected for you, according to the operator's access group. Then click on continue.
Select your lines of business on the select request bundle page. And click on continue. Each bundle comprises the types of service requests and data types related to this business line.
- Select the types of service requests needed for your company On the Service Requests page and click on continue. The New Application wizard selects the types of service requests related to the selected bundles automatically.
- Select the data types needed by your company On the Data Types page, and click on continue. The New Application wizard selects the types of service requests related to the selected bundles automatically.
- From the Select Channels page, select the channels of interaction supported by your organization. Then click on continue. For every selected channel, the New Application Wizard will create appropriate interaction classes and drivers relevant to the new implementation application. Refer to Configuring interaction settings for changing the interaction classes and drivers after creating the implementation application.
Want to know more about Pega,visit here Pega Tutorial !
If your organization is using the Customer Decision Hub functions for future suggested action items and suggested responses, select Enable Customer Decision Hub, On the Customer Decision Hub page.
- On the page "Name your application", type the name of the application, then click on Advanced configuration.
- In the section' Application Settings', under Application Structure, choose the framework.
- Under Organization settings, enter the name of the organization, the name of the division, and the name of the unit for that application. The New Application wizard will create the application class structure according to the organizational settings you input. If the entities within the organization are not defined, enter the name of the new entity name into the applicable field. The application stores the new values during the creation of the new application.
- Select Save and then Create application. Outcome: The New Application will create the application.
For the new application, you can also create operators:
- Choose a user and the user's role.
- Each role matches one access group included in the new application.
- Click on add.
- You can open the new app by clicking Go to app.
- The new application will start in Dev Studio.
Top 40 frequently asked Pega Interview Questions !
Solution Frameworks: This kind of application that is provided by Pega can be used directly for any implementation.
Pegasystems provides industry-oriented solutions frameworks for insurance, healthcare, banking, investment, and other industries in order to provide advance notice for developing applications related to selected business processes. These applications are limited and are designed to make them easier to develop and customize. They will demonstrate the potential value of Process Commander for the company and implement common features that are utilized in a standard manner across the industry.
For example, assembling outgoing SWIFTNet messages and analyzing incoming SWIFTNet messages are supported by banking solution frameworks. Likewise, industry-standard electronic document exchange protocols, like ANSI X12, are supported by health care frameworks.
Visit here to learn Pega Training In Hyderabad
Solution frameworks that various PegaSystems Inc. customers use are:
Smart Investigate for Payments — to Support wholesale banking operations
Fraud and Anti-Money- Laundering Investigations Management
PegaHealth Sales Process Manage — for Supporting people who pay for health care.
Insurance Industry Framework — A complete startup kit.
PegaCARD Customer Process Manager — to Support inbound client service processes within card operations
PegaCARD Smart Dispute — for providing Support for handling credit card disputes.
Customer Process Manager — to Support inbound client service processes within insurance operations.
Now let us go through the framework layer in Pega and end this post. Before that, Pega prpc is an automated tool that will run on a java-based back-end and is ideally suited to business process management solutions. The PRPC Enterprise-Class structure is made up of four layers:
- Organization Layer
- Division Layer
- Framework Layer
- Implementation Layer
The framework layer is everything about the process. That's what makes it possible for an organization to reuse most of its products. The processes in an organization are often quite similar among the various divisions. By putting this common process into a frame, we need to build it once and for all the different applications within this organization.
Other Related Article:
Kavya works for HKR Trainings institute as a technical writer with diverse experience in many kinds of technology-related content development. She holds a graduate education in the Computer science and Engineering stream. She has cultivated strong technical skills from reading tech blogs and also doing a lot of research related to content. She manages to write great content in many fields like Programming & Frameworks, Enterprise Integration, Web Development, SAP, and Business Process Management (BPM). Connect her on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Upcoming Pega Certification Training Online classes
|Batch starts on 6th Oct 2023||
|Batch starts on 10th Oct 2023||
|Batch starts on 14th Oct 2023||