Netsuite Configuration Guide
- Table of Content
What is Netsuite
Netsuite is an enterprise resource planning and a customer relationship platform that is designed, developed, and implemented in any kind of organization to run all types of internal operations between the different teams. Netsuite is an online service providing the users with the flexibility to use the application suite anywhere. Netsuite is a software package that helps in handling and managing the organizational objectives as per the timelines in a single place.
In the current times, it is becoming difficult for business organizations to incur costs to purchase and run all the teams. As an enhancement and requirement, Netsuite has come up with the most flexible and scalable opportunity to reduce the operating costs by developing a platform that would help in running all the operations related to different modules. Netsuite is designed with multiple enterprise resource planning modules where you can select the best module and use the best out of it.
Keeping the small organizations in mind, Netsuite offers different functionalities with reduced costs which would help the organization to run smoothly. Netsuite does not require any hardware or complex setups which would make us feel that the tool is difficult to handle. It is a simple to use, flexible, scalable, cloud-based platform that delivers and meets the business needs effectively.
Streamlining the business processes is becoming a tedious task nowadays. Netsuite uses its extensible features allowing the users to simplify the business processes as per the business requirements. As there are chances that the business requirements and deliverables might change, Netsuite offers the opportunity to create custom functionalities that would help the business users to achieve their business goals and objectives.
Looking for Netsuite Course? Enroll Now to get a FREE demo on Netsuite Training.
NetSuite Configuration Guide
Let’s get into the actual part - configuration. Firstly, I would like to inform you that the configuration of the suite takes a little of your time. You will need to be more patient while working on the configuration of Netsuite. I will guide you through the step by step process that would help you in completing the configuration part without any complications.
IDENTIFICATION OF ACCOUNT ID AND VERSION
In order to perform any function, you will need to identify the account ID and the version. Below are the steps to be followed to achieve the same.
- The primary step is to log in to the Netsuite.
- You will need to determine or locate the account ID that is required for Netsuite Integration: Navigate to Set up -> Company -> Company Information and the Account ID will be on the right side.
- The next step in this process is to log in to the Beanworks.
- Navigate to the ERP Management under Settings - General.
- Now, you will need to copy the account ID from Netsuite and paste the same into the account field in the correct legal entity in Beanworks.
- Copy the version in the footer of NetSuite and paste the same into the version field in Beanworks.
Want to Become a Master in Guidewire? Then visit here to Learn Guidewire Training
- Master Your Craft
- Lifetime LMS & Faculty Access
- 24/7 online expert support
- Real-world & Project Based Learning
Configuration Of The NetSuite User
Below are the steps that are to be followed to configure the Netsuite user in the NetSuite.
- You will need to navigate to the integrations page or global search for page integrations and then click on Manage integrations.
- You will need to create an integration record if there is no such record already existing. The naming can be Beanworks, and the state has to be in an enabled state. It would help if you made sure that the user credentials and token-based authentication are checked under the Authentication section. Click on save and save the record, do not leave the page.
- You will need to copy the resulting consumer key and consumer secret into their respective fields in the enterprise resource management in Beanworks. Copy the same in a notepad and keep it aside till the integration is completed. This is to be on a safer side because the information will disappear when you exit the page.
- Navigate to Setup -> Company -> Setup Tasks -> enable features -> SiteCloud -> Manage authentication and the token-based authentication has to be checked. Click on save.
- Navigate to the global search for the page: role navigate to the Manage roles and click on New role.
- The name can be Beanworks, subsidiary restrictions - Accessible subsidiaries should be selected as All. Under the permissions section, setup-> add user access tokens, access token management, and web services, all the levels have to be set to Full.
- Global search for the page: employees and edit the employee record.
- Search for the access section and navigate as Access-> Roles and add the role that you have created in the above steps.
- A global search for the page: tokens, choose new access token.
- Select the application and the role that we have created earlier. User would be you itself. Click on the Save button.
- Copy the generated token id and token secret into the respective fields in the enterprise resource planning management in Beanworks. Make sure that you have a copy of it pasted in the notepad as the information might disappear when you exit the page.
- Click on Save on the ERP Management in Beanworks.
If you want to Explore more about NetSuite? then read our updated article - NetSuite Tutorial
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
The permissions can be given to the user based on their roles. Below are the steps to be followed to add the permissions.
- A global search for the page: role, then choose the manage roles option.
- Click on edit option in the Beanworks role that was previously created.
- Scroll down to the bottom and enter the values in the different tabs of permissions.
- Once you update the roles and permissions to the users, then you are ready to sync on Beanworks in the enterprise resource planning management.
Generate New Consumer Key And Consumer Secret
- Perform a global search using the search bar for the page: Integrations.
- Choose the result that will be reflecting.
- Click on the integration option that we have created for them for Beanwork purposes.
- Click on the edit button.
- Click reset credentials.
- Make a note of both the consumer key and consumer secret.
Empower your skills, ignite your career with Guidewire Training in Hyderabad!
Generate New Token ID And Token Secret
- Perform a global search using the search bar for the page: Tokens.
- Choose the result that will be reflecting.
- Click on the edit option available for the token that we have created for Beanwork purposes.
- Click on the revoke button and revoke the old token.
- This will redirect you to the main access token page.
- You can create a new token by click a new access token.
- To update the information related to the application name, user and role, you can use the values that you have already created for Beanwork purposes. Token value can be any name; there is no restriction for it.
- You will need to click on the save option and make sure that you make a note of the toke Id and token secret.
There are some limitations that you need to know and understand before configuring or performing integration. Here are some of them which will give you an idea.
- There is no validation process available in Beanworks. Therefore all the accounts have to be able to access all the subsidiaries without any issues.
- Beanworks does not validate between account and subsidiary.
- Beanworks does not validate the department and subsidiary
- Beanworks does not validate the vendor and subsidiary.
- If you need to redo full sync of your data, contact your CSM.
Find The Account
You will be able to find the account once you login into Netsuite. Below are the steps to be followed to determine the account and related information.
- You will need to go to the setup -> Company -> Company Information in the navigation bar.
- On the right-hand side column under the account section, you will find the Account ID.
Frequently asked NetSuite Interview Questions and Answers !!
Weekday / Weekend Batches
As everything is running based on the technologies, there is a good chance that the business organizations are achieving their goals by streaming the business processes using the Netsuite platform. All the above-listed modules in the enterprise resource planning possess exceptionally high quality and are utilized by most organizations. As a working individual, you can dive more on Netsuite and learn more about the configurations and integrations of Netsuite. Experience in improving customer relationships and customer satisfaction would be a plus. It is recommended to get trained and certified on Netsuite, which would be an added advantage.
Related Article :