1. List the components that have data permission security control access.
Ans: Here are the components that have data permission security control access.
- POI without jobs
- Employee, Contingent Worker, and POI with Jobs
- Template-based hires
- Recruiting Federal People with jobs
2. What are the components for setting a hiring template?
Ans: The main components for setting the hiring template are,
- Template Creation
- Template Section
- Template Record/Field
- Template Category Table
3. Tell the difference between the Translate table and the Prompt table.
Ans: The key differences between a translate table and a prompt table are as follows.
- The translate table can store values of length < 5. The prompt table can store values of length < 255.
- If we want to fetch the table values of the prompt table, we have to make a call to the database. The table values of the translate table are readily available as they get loaded into the buffer.
- There is a limitation of 30 entries in a translate table. The translate table does not have any limitations and can store any number of entries.
4. What are the POI types in PeopleSoft HRMS?
Ans: The following are the types of POIs in PeopleSoft HRMS.
- External Trainee
- External Instructor
- Campus Solutions Person
- Student Refund (Job)
- COBRA Beneficiary (Job)
- Pension Payee (Job)
- Stock – Board Members (Job)
- Stock – Non-HR Employee (Job)
- Global Payroll Payee (Job)
5. Explain effective sequence.
An effective sequence is an approach used in some key tables. There might be a need to add more than one row with the same effective date. This will make the unique identification process a bit difficult. In that case, the effective sequence assigns a unique sequence number to the row that has the same effective date.
PeopleSoft HRMS Functional Training
- Master Your Craft
- Lifetime LMS & Faculty Access
- 24/7 online expert support
- Real-world & Project Based Learning
6. What are the default programs that you have to run after creating a user profile?
Ans: After creating a user profile, we need to run the below programs.
- Refresh SJT CLASS ALL
- Refresh Trans. SJT tables
- Refresh SJT OPR CLS
Take your career to next level in PeopleSoft HRMS Functional with HKR.Join PeopleSoft HRMS Functional Training now.
7. What is the difference between the transaction table and set up tables?
Ans: Below is the difference between a transaction and a setup table.
- A transaction table stores data that changes regularly. The transaction table values are also loaded into the buffer for better availability.
- A setup table is used for setting some standards across the organization. The data values of setup tables only change after organization approval.
8. What are the access types for People with job security sets?
Ans: The following are the access types for people with job security sets.
- Job Company
- Job location
- Job department tree
- Job business unit
- Job regulatory region
- Job salary grade
- Person organization
- Department ID – non-tree
- Company – Pay group
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
9. List the job instances used for POIs.
Ans:The job instances used for POIs are,
- Global Payroll Employees
- COBRA qualified beneficiaries
- Stock board members
- Stock employees not administered in Human Resources
- Pension Payees
10. What are tree manager definitions?
Tree manager definitions are used to graphically represent the hierarchy in an organization. These trees can be used in reports, OLAP, summary ledgers, etc. The tree manager definitions are,
PeopleSoft HRMS Functional Training
Weekday / Weekend Batches
11. Name the various types of SJT.
Ans: There are four types of SJTs available in PeopleSoft HRMS.
12. What are the organizational instance components?
Ans: While creating a new organizational instance, we can use one of the below components.
- New Employment Instance (JOB_DATA_EMP)
- New Contingent Worker Instance (JOB_DATA_CWR)
- Template-Based Hire (HR_TBH_EULIST)
- Add Person of Interest Job Relationship (JOB_DATA_POI)
If you have any doubts on PeopleSoft HRMS Functional, then get them clarified from PeopleSoft HRMS Functional Industry experts on our PeopleSoft HRMS Functional Community!
13. What are the pages used for processing workers' compensation?
Ans: PeopleSoft HRMS uses the below pages to process workers' compensation.
- Batch Publish Rules
- Batch Programs
- Workers Comp Premium
- Workers Comp Accounting
- Batch Publish
A PeopleSoft HRMS functional developer role requires knowledge handling HR activities in PeopleSoft HRMS. They should have experience in working with Absence Management, PS Query/App Engine, Self-Service, Data Mover scripts, Benefits Administration, etc. Additionally, it will be good to have basic knowledge of PeopleCode, PS Query, SQR, Component Interface, etc. So make sure that you go through these topics before you attend your interview.
Submit an interview question