In this technological world of the living, everything is turned out to be automated. In traditional times, there is no interaction with the digital systems. In contrast to the traditional times, business organizations have started utilizing the RPA robots that help in capturing and manipulating applications like the way humans do. RPA leverages the existing infrastructure without leading to any interruption to the existing and underlying systems. This also improves the competitive edge of the business.
Ans: RPA stands for Robotic Process Automation. RPA is referred to as the process of automation that allows the software robots to perform the required job of human beings., rule-based tasks. RPA is a process or practice that helps the organizations to automate the digital process across different applications and systems without actually interrupting the IT infrastructure or existing systems. Let me explain each word in RPA.
R-Robotic: It refers to the set of codes that mimic the human actions which are known as robots.
P-Process: Process refers to the set of steps or the sequence of steps that creates a meaningful activity.
A-Automation: Automation refers to the process performed by robots without any human intervention.
Ans: RPA has come up with many advantages. They are:
Ans: There are different phases in the RPA lifecycle. They are:
Ans: A bot refers to the set of commands that are included to perform a task. There are four different types of bots available in RPA. They are:
Ans: There are different steps involved in creating an RPA Software bot. They are:
Ans: Below are the characteristics of RPA.
Ans: Most of the people will make a mistake of referring the RBI to a screen couple or macro. The RPA technology is much more powerful than the screen scraping or the simple macro. RPA is a technology which is a combination of both the techniques with many different features and optimizations available in it. They are providing the extensible support and performing end to end process automation that is required in any project.
Ans: The core components of RPA are listed below:
1. Bot runner
3. Development studio
4. Control centre
5. Plugin or extension
Ans: The following are the phases in the RPA life cycle:
1. Analysis phase: This is the first phase in RPA. This phase involves the business teams in every architect to work together to understand the business process for RPA development.
2. Bot development: Is involved in working on the requirement in their environment, possibly a distinct development environment.
3. Testing phase: Companies which conduct the testing by making use of the separate testing team while some of them will connect testing by a dedicated QA like SDLC flow. The most important factors that have a dedicated testing team within the organization that would help in performing the QA of a development bot.
4. Deployment and maintenance phase: After the development and testing phases of the bot in RPA, the bot is ready for distribution and enters into the maintenance phase.
Ans: Flow switch is referred to as a flowchart specific activity that allows to split the control flow into two or more branches based on some conditions. It has to be created only when the particular condition is satisfied.
Ans: There are Three popular RPA tools available. They are:
1. Blue prism: Blue prism is referred to as software that offers in business operations to be agile and cost-effective by performing the automation of the role based on the repetitive back-office processes.
2. UiPath: UiPath is another tool, a windows desktop software that is used for automation to perform the operations related to various web and desktop-based applications.
3. Automation everywhere: Automation anywhere is referred to as a tool that offers its extensive support, and user-friendly automation to automate the task of any complexity level.
Ans: Thick client: The thick client is referred to as an application that will require certain attribute features using the RPA tools, example, calculator, computer, internet explorer etc.
Thin client: The thin client is referred to as an application that does not require any specific properties while using the RPA tools.
Ans: The differences between the robotic process automation and the chatbot.
Chatbot: ChatBot is referred to as a Bot that is programmed to chat with the use of like a human. The chatbot is responsible for recommending a pre-launch solution to a particular problem whenever the user asks, requests. It also instructs the consultants to provide the request as per the user.
RPA(robotic process automation): Robotic process automation as a boat that is programmed to automate the manual business process of executing in a particular task or an activity that is present within the business function. It could be anything related to the functions of organization like the HR, finance, procurement, etc. A chatbot is considered as a medium that will feed the input data into an RPA engine but doesn't replicate any features of an RPA engine.
Ans: Process Studio is one of the features that is used for developing the actual flow of a process or the way that you would like to automate. It includes many aspects like control loops, variables and several other business projects that would help in sequencing and testing the business flow. The manager is an individual that is responsible for implementing the rules and laws for particular software robots. The process goes in the sequential format in the process Studio and is almost similar to the flowchart.
Ans: Two different types of logs which are represented below:
1. User-defined logs
2. Default logs
Default logs can be further divided into different types of logs that are represented below:
1. Execution start
2. Execution end
3. Transaction start
4. Transaction end
5. Error log
6. Debugging log.
Log fields are Message, timestamp, process name, FileName, ProcessVersion, RobotName, level.
Ans: The following are the different automation frameworks that are used in software automation testing:
1. Data-driven framework
2. Keyword driven framework
3. Modular automation framework
4. Hybrid automation framework
Ans: RPA is used in many different industrial applications; some of them are listed below.
1. Retail: RPA is used in the Retail Industry to perform the operations Lai updating the orders, processing the shipping notifications, managing the fake accounts, etc.
2. Telecommunications: RPA is used in the telecommunications industry to perform the operations related to fraud management, customer data updates, monitoring the subscriber feeds, etc.
3. HR: RPA is responsible for candidate sourcing, payroll automation, background verification, etc.
4. Banking: RPF is utilized in the banking industry for performing the automation of credit card applications, processing of loans etc.
Ans: Information collection in RPA refers to the robots that need the raw data or information to perform the operations related to the organization smoothly and reliably. The robot generally collects this information from the different resources available, and it is also possible that the same can be provided to them manually from the business teams.
Ans: The following are the important aspects that have to be considered during the planning phase of the automation.
1. Selection of the right RPA tool
2. Selecting the various important items such as in scope and outscore based on the task to be performed.
3. Choosing the right framework based on the business and client requirements
4. Testing environment
5. Identification of the deliverables.
Ans: Single block activity in UiPath is a small project just for the linear process. It helps us to move from one activity to another in a flow. That is why it is named as a single block activity, which can be reused whenever needed as a part of a state machine or for automation as an indication.
Ans: The robotic process automation can be created using automation software like automation anywhere or UiPath. The following are the steps to be followed to create an RPA bot.
1. Recording of the task that has to be performed
2. Complete the board implementation
3. Testing of the bot to perform the task it is recorded.
4. Uploading the board to perform the required tasks.
Ans: There are limitations in the RPA as well. A few of them are listed below.
1. There is no process for RPA tools to their understanding about the data they appear that is the only non-electronic.
2. There is no fix for the broken forces by RPA implementation.
3. RPA does not provide it support for Artificial Intelligence. It is not possible to learn from the rule-based everyday tasks and perform the task record in the day by itself. RPA is a point that needs to be told what exactly needs to be done or the task that has to be performed.
Ans: Debugging refers to the practice of identifying and eliminating errors in the process. In UiPath, is formed by combining logging, in a process by conducting a step-by-step analysis to and ensure that it is error-free. With the help of login, you will be able to understand what exactly is happening and when to help you in debugging a program the overall project.
Ans: Blue Prism Uses C# for coding and UiPath uses Visual Basic for coding.
Ans: The following are the three steps that have to be followed to create a variable in UiPath.
1. You will need to select the control bar, choose the variables tab and click on create a variable option.
2. Navigate to the properties pane and choose the output section. You will need to choose the create variable of rest control + K on a computer.
3. The final option you will need to click on is to create a variable in the Ribbon tab.
Ans: Yes, there is a possibility to audit and RPA process. The benefit of auditing an RPA process will help in creating new strategies that will help in improving the business functions and adopt them easily.
Ans: Process recorder is one of the features available in RPA. The RPA process provides many different tools and helps in automating the several different tasks based on the business requirements. And now utilizing this feature called process recorder which will help in following reactions of the human being and executing a particular business process or any other business-related digital task. This is used to automate the process according to the recorded actions. The process recorded action of feature is more flexible and comparatively fast than human beings.
Ans: Citrix Automation is one of the automation processes that allows automating the process of filling the field in the form and submit in the form in a virtual desktop application. It is also used in the processes like process data entry etc.
Ans: Two scripting stands that you need to consider during automation testing are
Ans: Workflows are small pieces of common automation that are reusable and applicable in multiple scenarios. They are used to automate similar processes. We can invoke a workflow using the 'Invoke Workflow' function in UiPath and save it as a template. We can also combine two workflows to make combined automation.
Most of the organizations are developing their businesses using the RPA technology. RPA is one of the booming careers that will help you in developing your skills and improve your career. In the current era of living, there is automation in every line of business.I hope the above information is helpful to you. I would recommend you to get trained and certified in RPA that will help you lead a prosperous career.