Are you ready to acquire your testing skill set with recently designed HKR’s WinRunner Interview Questions and Answers article? The WinRunner – a popular automated graphical user interface testing tool that allows users to record and script the user interface test cases. The main purpose of using the WinRunner testing tool is used to capture, verify, and replay the user interface test scripts. With the help of our frequently designed to help those who are working as a tester to upgrade their skill sets in the WinRunner tool. In this blog, you will be learning the important questionaries’ asked by top tech companies. Let’s get going;
Ans: WinRunner is a popular automated graphical user interface testing tool that allows users to record and script the user interface test cases. The main purpose of using the WinRunner testing tool is used to capture, verify, and replay the user interface testing scripts. This tool works well with HP Quick test professionals and supports enterprise-level quality assurance capabilities. The Win Runner is developed by HP Company.
Ans: Below are the 6 testing stages used in Win Runner;
b. Programming and
c. Combining both.
Ans: Below is the language used in WinRunner;
TSL -> Test scripting language, this is similar to the C programming language.
Ans: WinRunner test script consists of Mercury’s Interactive test script language or TSL. With the help of this, we can modify the test records which are recorded. This process can be done by adding programming elements and TSL functionalities or function generator. As we already know that WinRunner is a visual programming tool.
Ans: There are three different test modes used in WinRunner;
1. Verify -> this testing mode is used to check the various applications and compare that with already existing data.
2. Debug -> this testing mode helps users to find different bugs to run test scripts.
3. Update -> this testing mode helps the user to modify the test results or generate a new result expected folder.
Ans: WinRunner usually displays the test results in the Report folder. This report makes a list of all the events during the time of the test case running like checkpoints, error messages, user and system messages. If you found any type of mismatch at the check point level, you need to compare the actual or expected results in the Test Results Window.
Ans: Set_window command is mainly used to focus on any window systems. This command is also used to place your focus on the detected windows before performing test script implementation.
The syntax is as follows;
Ans: The following are the two scenarios which I would like to mention them;
1. If you are using an object which is not a standard window object, by that time you should utilize the WinRunner.
2. If any browser which you are using is not supported by the WinRunner version.
Ans: Steps involved in unloading the GUI map files;
1. To unload any GUI map file (any particular file) use the following methods;
GUI_Close () or GUI _Unload ().
2. To unload all the GUI map files you have to use the methods;
GUI_Close_all or GUI_Unload_all.
Ans: GUI spy is enabling users to view all the GUI object properties. When Spy pointer points to any object, then automatically GUI spy will display the properties and values which are completely related to GUI spy dialog box. With the help of this GUI, spy users can also filter or select the set of dialog box properties.
Ans: User can organize GUI map files in 2 possible ways;
1. Global GUI map files: here this is a single file operation used for the whole testing application.
2. GUI map file per test: to perform each test, a separate GUI map file will be used by the WinRunner application tool.
Ans: WinRunner uses the two types of recording modes;
1. Context sensitive recording: in this type of recording in WinRunner, all the required interactions will be performed by the graphical user interface object in the application are recorded.
2. Analog Recording: in this type of recording in WinRunner, the components which we are using included are mouse clicks, X or Y coordinates, and Keyboard inputs will be recorded.
Ans: Check point is the place, where need to compare and check the actual and expected data results of any tests. There are four types of checkpoints in WinRunner,
1. regexp_label property: It is available to windows. It privately places the regular expressions into a window’s label description.
2. The regexp_msw_class property: this is mandatory for all the available data windows and object classes. This places the regular expression into the object’s MSW_class.
There are 5 types of exceptions used in WinRunner:
1. Pop-up exceptions
2. Object Exceptions
3. TSL exceptions
4. Web exceptions
5. UAE exceptions
There is a lot of testing application tools available in the market, is anyone looking to upgrade testing skills? Here you go, WinRunner is one of the popular testing tools, which is used to monitor, record, and scripting the test cases. If anyone looking to get some hands-on experience, then visit our website www.hkrtrainigs.com. Our training helps you to get trained by industry-level experts and certified. Our interview question blog also helps you to crack all types of complex interviews.
Batch starts on 31st Jul 2021, Weekend batch
Batch starts on 4th Aug 2021, Weekday batch
Batch starts on 8th Aug 2021, Weekend batch