What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial intelligence is a computer science field where researchers create computer programs that resemble human intelligence when completing tasks. The programs take human behavior like problem-solving, learning, perception, reasoning, e.t.c to handle tasks.
We can use AI in many sectors from health, manufacturing, eCommerce, social media, education,e.t.c. Some common technologies used in AI include machine learning, computer vision, neural networks, e.t.c. There are many advancements in the AI field, and it will take time for it to perform weli.
Become an Artificial Intelligence Certified professional by learning this HKR Artificial Intelligence Training
What is robotics?
Robotics is a field of computer science that uses machines that we refer to as robots to replicate human behavior. It involves the construction, operation, and design of robots. The main goal of robotics is to eliminate some of the human chores and assist in carrying them out. Some fields where you can use robotics include software engineering, mechanical and electrical engineering, electronics, mechatronics, computer engineering, e.t.c.
You can apply robotics in many fields. They can work in dangerous environments like radioactive materials, bombs, e.t.c. We can also use them in dangerous places that can harm humans, like under the sea, in high-temperature environments, in space, e.t.c. Most robots take the behavior of human beings like speech, walking, lifting things,e.t.c.
There are types of robotics where scientists study nature and apply them to robots. Some have more dependency on the user input. There is a lot of scientific research which has seen robot usage become rampant in many sectors.
Artificial Intelligence Training
- Master Your Craft
- Lifetime LMS & Faculty Access
- 24/7 online expert support
- Real-world & Project Based Learning
Components of AI Robot
AI Robots have different components that help it function. Some of the components include:
- Power Supply. AI robots use electric power to function. Some power providers you can use include batteries, hydraulics, and solar power. It uses the power to turn the motors on and make the sensors operate, which starts the brain.
- Actuators. Robots use actuators to convert all the electrical energy into mechanical energy. They play an important role in the automated system. They help control the robots using electrical signals or hydraulic and pneumatic power. It helps in the robot's movement.
- Electric motors (AC/DC). They help in facilitating the rotation of the robots. They convert electrical energy into mechanical energy. They possess the drive and small motors, which get integrated into their systems to improve the efficiency and productivity of the robotic solutions.
- Pneumatic Air Muscles. Pneumatic air muscles are arms that contract or extend with the help of pressurized air. They use thin membranes, which makes them lightweight. It makes the whole process of connecting them to the robots easier. In some cases, the replacement process is easier for a defective muscle.
- Muscle Wires. It can control contraction when you pass electricity through them. They turn hard when you pass power through them due to their behavior of being temperature dependent. They usually contract when you pass electric power through them.
- Piezo Motors. They are mainly for making industrial robots. When you pass electricity through them, they rotate. They have sensors that produce electric power when they deform or vibrate.
- Sensors. They usually detect any signals in the environment. It makes the system act after changing the physical properties into senses.
Applications of Robotics
We use robotics in different sectors. Some of the applications of robotics include:
Robotics in defense sectors
We can use robotics to create surveillance cameras and drones that surveil the enemy and launch tracks in case of dangerous people. They help in fighting criminals and helping the armed forces in warfare. It can take in some military activities like laying machines, fire support, battle management, marine operations, e.t.c. Examples of robots used in warfare include MAARS (Modular Advanced Armed Robotic System) and Dogo.
Robotics in the Medical sectors
We use robotics in the medical field by participating in surgeries to help humans recover from injuries. Some pharmaceutical companies used robotics to fight diseases like the recent COVID 19 virus. The companies used them to create respirators and PPE. Other robotics applications in medicine include disinfecting rooms, performing neurosurgery, dispensing medication, e.t.c.
Robotics in Industrial Sector
We use robotics in many different industries. Some of the common sectors are the manufacturing industry. Most robots work with human beings to perform tasks like building and assembling products like car and airplane body parts, industrial equipment, e.t.c. Robots can handle other tasks: cutting, dissembling, welding, color coating, product inspection, packaging, polishing,e.t.c. There are several advantages of using robotics in the industrial sector like improving productivity, increasing accuracy and flexibility, reducing costs, reducing labor, e.t.c.
Robotics in Entertainment
Entertainment industries use behind-the-scenes robotics to manage the cameras and provide extra features during movie shooting. It helps in the elimination of repetitive tasks. Some movie producers like Disney have used robotics to produce actions that improve the customer's experience. We can also use them in making games, especially when you need sensitive measures.
Robotics in the mining industry
Mining involves many activities. Robots can handle them very well. Robots can manage most activities like explosive handling, robotic mapping, robotic dozing, surveying, excavation, drilling and haulage, e.t.c. They make use of sensors and cameras to carry out the activities. Some mineral mines have gases and other substances that can harm humans. We can use robots to control them.
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
AI Technology used in Robotics
Some of the AI technology we use in Robotics include:
- Computer Vision. It involves using OpenCV and neural networks to get the work done. It provides the ability to collect important information like videos, images, inputs, e.t.c.
- Natural Language Processing. It plays an essential role in providing voice commands. It creates interaction which promotes communication between human beings and robots. It makes the robots understand human behavior. The main application of NLP happens in hospitals by helping the doctors observe different details during diagnosis and fill them in the EHR.
- Edge Computing. It acts as the service provider for robotics during testing, integration, design, simulation,e.t.c. It provides different services like data management, good security measures, good connection,e.t.c.One of the best examples is when making car drones.
- Complex Event Process. It involves how you can work with multiple events at the same time. It combines several streaming sources, which helps in responding to events. A complex event happens when you combine one or more occasions. We use complex events in sectors like health, marketing, finance,e.t.c.
- Transfer Learning and AI. It involves solving a problem using a solution that solves another problem. You use the knowledge to solve another problem, to solve the existing situation. You must train models of the related problem and use them for another issue. It is cheap and fast.
- Reinforcement Learning. It is a type of machine learning where the AI has to learn and check the environment to learn from the experiences or get feedback from the actions. Communicating with the environment can also teach it how to behave through different actions. It makes it easier to make decisions depending on the goals and actions that occur in the complex environment.
- Effective computing. It handles developing systems that you can use to perform different actions on human emotions like interpreting, simulation, identification, e.t.c. It gives robots emotional intelligence, which makes them behave like humans.
- Mixed Reality. It involves the use of demonstration (PbD). It helps create algorithms that use both virtual and physical objects.
Advantages of Artificial Intelligence
Advantages of artificial intelligence include:
- They have improved efficiency. Artificial intelligence has enabled human beings to become more efficient in different processes.
- They have improved the workflows by automating most of the processes and tasks.
- They have eliminated the chances of having errors by reducing the chances of making mistakes and bad decisions.
- They help the business owners make better decisions that support the company's operations.
- It can work 24/7 without taking breaks.
Disadvantages of Artificial Intelligence
The disadvantages of artificial intelligence include:
- It requires a high cost for you to implement the technologies.
- It creates unemployment in some fields as some of the jobs get replaced by AI.
- It does not incorporate the use of human ethics in their daily jobs.
Artificial Intelligence Training
Weekday / Weekend Batches
Artificial intelligence and robotics have played an essential role in different sectors. It has changed how things work and has many advantages for the users. There are many advancements in the robotics field, making it possible to use it in many areas. Despite having many benefits, there are disadvantages of using AI and robotics.