Last updated on Dec Fri, 2022 2680
- by Amani
To comprehend RPA, you must first comprehend three concepts: robotics, process, and automation. Let me go over each of these terms one by one.
- Robotic: Robots are entities that mimic human actions.
- Process: A process is a series of steps that leads to a meaningful activity.
- Automation: Any process carried out by a robot without the intervention of a human.
To conclude all the terms, robotic process automation seems to be the imitating of human behaviour to execute a series of steps which will eventually lead to meaningful context with no human involvement.
Because physical robots may not operate throughout the world of RPA, you must rely on software to meet your needs. Those programs are known as RPA Tools.
Become a UiPath Certified professional by learning this HKR UiPath Training !
There are various features available on the market, each with their very own set of benefits and drawbacks. However, the top three techniques on the market today are the trio ( UiPath, Blue Prism, and Automation Anywhere).
Now, if you want to learn more about RPA Tools and determine which tool will best meet your needs, you can read my RPA Tools blog post. Because this article is about UiPath Studio, now we will learn about the uipath studio.
UiPath Studio is among the products on the market from UiPath. It is a dashboard from which you can develop your automation workflow using operations and then execute it.
The following are the features accompanied by the uipath studio:
- GUI Dashboard – Provides a graphical user interface (GUI) dashboard with pre-defined activities for creating automation workflows.
- Complexity Levels – Allows you to create projects with different levels of complexity, such as Sequence, Flowchart, and State Machine.
- Recorder Types – Provides a variety of recorders for recording actions on a variety of platforms, including Basic, Desktop, Web, Image, and Native Citrix.
- Logging and Exception Handling – Enables debugging and exception handling. If you want to understand how to use options, check out my Error Handling article.
- Integrate with OCR technologies – To undertake screen scraping, UiPath Studio can be integrated with a variety of OCR technologies.
- Reusable Components – You can create reusable components in UiPath Studio and publish them tog
Want to know more about UiPath,visit here UiPath Tutorial !
Installation of Uipath studio:
In this section we will explore the installation of the uipath studio.
Before proceeding with the installation of UiPath on your system, ensure that you have at least 8 GB of RAM and Windows 7 or higher. Once you've determined the minimum requirements, select the edition you want to install. UiPath has several editions available, including Community Cloud, Studio, Enterprise Cloud, and Enterprise Server. The functionalities and features of each edition vary.
So, when you've decided on an edition, users can follow the steps outlined in this article to set up UiPath.That is how you install UiPath. Let us now look at the various types of projects in UiPath in this article.
Projects in Uipath studio:
In UiPath Studio, there are primarily seven types of Projects. They are as follows:
- Orchestration Process
- Background Process
- Robotic Enterprise Framework
- Trigger Based Automation
- Transactional Process
A process is a blank canvas on which you can build your projects from the ground up. A blank project is shown in the screenshot below. There are no templates or predefined settings on your workspace.
The library is often used to develop configuration files that are then published as a Library. Libraries can also be decided to add as linkages to automation processes.
The Orchestration Process
The Orchestration Process template has been used to put a process in place using long transactions and service orchestration. A screenshot of just an Orchestration process with only a start node is shown below.
One such template can be used to create processes which do not involve user interaction and it can be run in the background. In UiPath, different shading procedures could indeed run on the same robot at the same time. Please see the list below.
Robotic Enterprise Framework
The Robotic Enterprise Framework is used to design a business process that can be deployed on a large scale. It includes pre-defined states that you can use to build a business process. Please see the list below.
Trigger Based Automation
One such project has been used to automate in reaction to mouse or keyboard user events.
This template has been used to create a flowchart representation of the automation workflow. A snapshot of the transactional process is provided below.
Now we will explore the different components of uipath studio.
Top 30 frequently asked Uipath Interview Questions !
Components of Uipath studio:
The following panes are the main components of UiPath Studio:
- Ribbon Tab
- Activity Pane
- Properties Pane
- Output Pane
The Ribbon Tab is divided into three tabs (Start, Design, and Execute), each of which has a variety of options for performing various tasks. So, let's go over each of them one by one.
Once you click the Start option on the Ribbon tab, you would be transferred to a screen with project options and recent projects. Please see the list below.
The Design section of the Ribbon tab offers the following options:
- New: Use this option to create a new Sequence, Flowchart, or State machine.
- Save: Use this option to save the current file or automation workflow.
- Save as Template: This option allows you to save the current file or the automation workflow as a template.
- Run: The Run option is used to carry out the automation workflow that has been created.
- Recording: Users can use this option to record UI mouse movements and keyboard activities in order to generate automation scripts.
- Screen Scraping: The Screen Scraping wizard is used to scrape data from a specific screen of an application.
- Scraping data: The Data Scraping wizard is used to scrape data and save it in an Excel file.
- User Events: This option allows you to record mouse or keyboard events.
- Remove Unused Variables: Use this option to remove all unused variables from the workflow. Export To Excel: Use this option to export the automation workflow to an excel file.
- Publish: This option allows you to publish the designed automation/project to the Orchestrator server. With this, you can use the project to automate a large portion of the front office.
Now, let us continue with this article and look at the next tab of the Ribbon, the Execute Tab.
- Run: The Run option is used to carry out the automation workflow that has been created.
- Stop: Use the Stop option to halt the execution of your project.
- Debug: This option is used to begin debugging the project in order to observe the execution of each activity.
- Step Into & Step Over: These options are used to verify the complete automation workflow's step-by-step execution.
- Validate: The Validate option is used to ensure that the data is correct.
- Breakpoints: The Breakpoints method is being used to define breakpoints during project debugging.
- Slow Step: This option is used to slow down the execution speed.
- Options: This option provides a variety of highlighting options to highlight activities based on your needs.
- Open Logs: The Open Logs option is used to highlight various options.
So far, we've discussed the Ribbon Tab. Let us now proceed to the next pane, which is the Activity Pane.
The Activity Pane contains a variety of activities that you can drag and drop into your workspace. UiPath's activities are divided into categories, as shown below.
In the properties pane, you can configure all of the activities. As a result, when creating an automation, you must drag and drop activities. To ensure that the automation workflow works, you can now configure the properties of these activities individually.
As the name implies, the output pane is used to view the results of the currently running automation workflow.
So, guys, that's all about UiPath Studio's components. It gives an overall view of this blog post on UiPath Studio. I hope you are enjoying reading this post and understanding the various parts of UiPath Studio.If you want to learn more about Robotic Process Automation and grow your business as an RPA Developer, take a look at our Robotic Process Automation Using UiPath course. This training will help you improve your knowledge of RPA and provide you with comprehensive hands-on knowledge with UiPath.
As a content writer at HKR trainings, I deliver content on various technologies. I hold my graduation degree in Information technology. I am passionate about helping people understand technology-related content through my easily digestible content. My writings include Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Python, Salesforce, Servicenow and etc.
Upcoming UiPath Training Online classes
|Batch starts on 6th Oct 2023||
|Batch starts on 10th Oct 2023||
|Batch starts on 14th Oct 2023||