SAP S/4 HANA Overview
Last updated on Dec Fri, 2022 1828
- by Kavya Gowda
What is the SAP S/4 HANA
The SAP S/4 HANA is an ERP( enterprise resource planning) business suite that is developed based on SAP HANA in-memory database server that allows business enterprises to perform tasks like transactions, and analyze the business data in real-time applications. SAP S/4 HANA application can be used in both on-premise and cloud environments. One of the key aspects to developing SAP H/4 HANA is that it uses the SAP Fiori user interface rather than the traditional SAP graphical user interface (GUI). SAP S/4 HANA module required a rethinking of the data concepts and rewriting the millions of SAP codes. SAP S/4 HANA provides an opportunity for business enterprises to redesign business models and frameworks.
SAP S/4 HANA editions :
The SAP S/4 HANA works well on two kinds of environments they are:
Let us know them in detail;
The following are the key factors of the On-premise edition;
→ On-premise is an Enterprise business planning suite that is based on in-memory database management.
→ On-premise is an internal platform so that it will run from the company’s servers when users try to access it.
→ The features of on-premise editions include are;
Below are the key factors of the Cloud edition:
→ Cloud edition of SAP ERP is a Software as a service type. This type of SAP edition offers software upgrades and maintenance services.
→ The features of Cloud editions;
- Programming interface navigation
- Data-driven services.
→ It offers easier operability, a limited, and readymade set of business-driven end products.
Examples: Microsoft Azure, Google cloud platform, and AWS (Amazon web service).
SAP HANA Tutorials for beginners get started with your SAP carrier SAP HANA Tutorials for beginners get started with your SAP carrier SAP HANA Tutorials for beginners get started with your SAP carrier SAP HANA Tutorials for beginners get started with your SAP carrier
Key features of SAP S/4 HANA :
The following are the key features of the SAP S/4 HANA data-driven module;
- Real-time inventory management and material valuations.
- Accelerated material requirements planning
- Effective order management and billing.
- Efficient procurement
- Advanced available to promise.
- Embedded extended warehouse management.
- Embedded software in product development.
- Optimized portfolio and project management.
- Integrated quality management.
- Production planning and detailed scheduling.
- Consistent SAP Fiori user experience for SAP HANA.
What are the needs of using SAP S/4 HANA:
The below are the major benefits of the SAP S/4 HANA:
- Time-saving integration: SAP S/4 HANA delivers a fully maintained integration that works with any platform, allowing you to continue to extend your technical architecture, including any employee portal applications.
- Reduced IT workloads: A single and secure environment provides increased scalability, faster, and easier backups that allow offloading work from staff so they can focus on critical business and be more efficient.
- Improved work processes and productivity: Quickly recognize and reduce the errors, allowing your business to increase efficiency, and also reducing the manual workloads by consolidating multiple workloads.
- Enhanced functionality to support innovative business models: New feature packages specially designed for your industry and business.
- Improve total cost of ownership: Manage large volumes of structured and unstructured data efficiently.
- Financial savings, Goals, and revenue: plan and project desired results to create the goals you want, as well as reduce the cost through storage reduction and the elimination of the low-value and repetitive workloads.
- Move CAPEX TO OPEX: Retiring the legacy systems and leveraging improved resources by deploying the SAP S/4 HANA to the cloud eliminates most capital expenditure costs, maintenance, and related Costs to OPEX line items.
- Simplify administration with real-time data: Real-time data allows insightful, informed decisions for better forecasts, including predictive forecast, enabling faster planning with more granular precisions.
- Customer satisfaction: Anticipate customer needs and deliver an amazing experience your customers won’t forget.
Major differences between SAP HANA and SAP H/4 HANA
Now it’s time for us to know the major differences between SAP HANA and SAP H/4 HANA:
a . SAP HANA provides in-memory computational power to SAP and Non-SAP applications.
b. Utilizes the SAP S/4 HANA’s in-memory computing power to unleash top-notch Business intelligence capabilities.
- Live reporting:
a.SAP HANA supports live reporting.
b.Whereas SAP H/4 HANA does not support live reporting.
- Business warehouse:
a.The business warehouse is not available for SAP HANA.
b.Where SAP H/4 HANA consists of the business warehouse.
a.SAP HANA provides prior knowledge of how databases or SQL (sequential query language works).
b.Whereas SAP H/4 HANA provides basic proficiency in SAP Fiori or any other ERPs.
SAP S/4 HANA migration transitions
There are three transition ways to migrate SAP S/4 HANA:
The conversation paths are as follows;
- System conversation -> ERP system -> that is available “on-premise” -> complete conversation of an existing SAP Business Suite Software system to SAP S/4 HANA.
- Landscape Transformation -> ERP system classified into three regions (Region A, Region B, and Region C) -> available on both “On-premise” and “cloud” -> Consolidation of current regional SAP business Suite software landscape or selective data transformation into one global SAP H/4 HANA software system.
- New system installation ->ERP system and third party systems ->available on both the platforms “On-premise:” and “cloud” ->new or existing SAP customer implementing a new SAP S/4 HANA software system with initial data load.
Industrial applications of SAP S/4 HANA
There are a lot of data-driven and business-driven benefits of SAP S/4 HANA. Due to these reasons, most industries prefer to adopt SAP S/4 HANA in their organizations. I would like to mention the industries where we get to see the SAP S/4 HANA implementation:
- Manufacturing industries
- Engineering and construction industries
- Consumer and industrial product sales
- Banking sectors
- FinTech companies
- Transportation and logistic firms
- Retail industry
- Health care centers
- Public services and utilities.
- The list goes on.
Final words :
SAP S/4 HANA is the most widely used ERP functional module to avoid Any insufficiency occurring in the data transfer. SAP H/4 HANA is a data-driven and business-driven enterprise resource planning (ERP) functional module. SAP H/4 HANA is a relational database management application that creates and retrieves data from different sources. The SAP H/4 HANA article is an extended version of the SAP S/4 HANA module which helps readers like SAP consultants, and SAP experts to master the basic concepts of the SAP H/4 HANA module.
Kavya works for HKR Trainings institute as a technical writer with diverse experience in many kinds of technology-related content development. She holds a graduate education in the Computer science and Engineering stream. She has cultivated strong technical skills from reading tech blogs and also doing a lot of research related to content. She manages to write great content in many fields like Programming & Frameworks, Enterprise Integration, Web Development, SAP, and Business Process Management (BPM). Connect her on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Upcoming SAP Hana Training Certification Online classes
|Batch starts on 6th Oct 2023||
|Batch starts on 10th Oct 2023||
|Batch starts on 14th Oct 2023||