SENIOR RUBY DEVELOPER
01/2016 – present
· Develop sophisticated workflows and other role based features for end customers
· Develop and maintain unit tests for software components in development
· Work with our Quality Assurance and Site Operations teams to get our releases into production
· Provide after-hours customer service support for software issues
· Estimate and prioritize items in development iterations and releases
· Work in a team environment applying both Agile methodologies SCRUM and Extreme Programming (XP)
· Create program designs based on high-level analysis
RAILS / RUBY DEVELOPER
09/2012 – 12/2015
· You have already worked on, and with, APIs (consuming and emitting) and integrations of third party services (OAuth, payment providers, billing backends)
· Develop new functionality of the Ruby and Rails service that power our backend
· You are familiar with the common Ruby Gems and the Rails ecosystem
· You are familiar with RabbitMQ or other broker based messaging systems
· Participate in research and speccing activities of new functionality and capabilities
· You are familiar with SQL and MySQL specifically for live operations
· You believe in testing the code you write
09/2006 – 08/2012
· Develop new features, and work to maintain the existing application framework (ROR)
· Perform the design & development of changes to existing & new systems
· Closely collaborate with Product Management, Quality Assurance, Data Operation and IT Infrastructure on all stages of software development life cycle
· Work closely with the Product Owner, Developers and Testers in order to deliver the tasks in time and with the expected quality
· Work closely with designers and other developers in a tightly knit, agile team
· Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, FULLERTON
· You will have a good knowledge of the current trends within the Ruby community and will be able to make recommendations based on these
· Self-disciplined with strong attention to detail
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
· Proven ability to quickly understand and solve unique and undocumented programming problems
· Strong focus on quality and generating results
· Ability to understand and master new technologies quickly
· Highly organized, self-motivated, adept at managing change and priorities with an ability to work under tight deadlines
· Ability to create technical documentation and architecture specs
· Have a working knowledge of Git (and ideally of GitHub) or other versioning software
Extremely well-trained and skilled Ruby on Rails Developer with vast experience in web design for a variety of corporate clients. Adept at adjusting work pace to satisfy evolving client needs. Superb record of project completion at or well before deadlines.
· Excellent Ruby on Rails development experience
· Exceptional knowledge of Ruby on Rails framework
· Strong experience in using Ruby on Rails in a UNIX/LINUX environment
· Outstanding experience in developing web applications
· Superior written and oral communication skills
· Proven multitasking ability
Ruby on Rails Developer
6/1/2012 – Present
Ann Arbor, MI
· Developed Ruby on Rails applications.
· Supported product migration and platform upgrades.
· Reviewed major system enhancements and architecture of new applications.
· Participated in code reviews.
5/1/2009 – 5/1/2012
· Designed web applications.
· Executed enhancements to existing applications.
· Ensured software compliance with specified standards.
· Assisted with web application deployment.
· Researched new support technologies for development goals.
Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science 2007
· University of Michigan Ann Arbor, MI
· Associate’s Degree –2004 Upper Detroit Community College City, State
Senior software craftsman featuring expertise in Ruby on Rails, web frameworks and other programming languages, a passion for Web 2.0 trends, APIs, mashups and other disruptive technologies, and experience managing teams of offshore providers and developers.
GI, DHCP, DNS, Dovecot, EC2, FTP, IMAP, Munin, Middleman, Nagios, PHP, Pixelmator, POP, Perl, Postfix, RSS, S3, Stasis, Windows
C, C++, Oracle, Coldfusion, Java, Photoshop, Gimp
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Responsible for designing and developing highly distributed Ruby on Rails web applications for a high performance, high traffic, advanced interactive site that attracts over 1 million unique visitors per day, by providing online real estate and neighborhood information to consumers and professionals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design and build Ruby on Rails landing page platform.
· Deploy complex business rules, SEO and instrumentation.
· Collaborate with Product Management and User Experience experts regarding product definition, schedule, scope and project-related decisions.
· Develop best practices and architecture.
· Manage, collaborate and coordinate the work of an offshore development team.
· Proactively suggested architecture changes and new coding practices through GitHub management that reduced application and functionality errors by 30 percent.
· Received more than 100 unsolicited user compliments regarding changes to site features.
· Implemented a new collaboration tool that improved offshore team communications and efficiency by 16 percent.
· Timely Response 2007-2010
· Ruby on Rails Developer
· Responsible for developing a leading edge on-line reputation management tool for this marketing services and publishing company that provides email campaign management, on-line survey management as well as data collection and distribution services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Planned and carried out daily scrums, weekly estimations and retrospectives and pair programming.
· Managed code with unit tests and GitHub.
· Worked with SQL and search based data storage.
· Designed applications using object oriented concepts.
· Completed the tool 3 months ahead of schedule and 15 percent below budget.
· Attracted 3,000 new users within the first 6 months.
· Just-in-Time Web Development 2005-2007
· Junior Web Developer
· Applied analytical, creative and professional skills while creating over 35 websites for major retailers, oil companies, manufacturers, small entertainment companies, non-profit organizations and professional services firms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Used PHP and MySQL, Oracle, ASP and Cold Fusion. Learned Ruby on Rails, business rules, SEO and other advanced tools.
· Collaborated with other designers and sales to determine client needs and requirements.
· Provided general office support including file, print, backup, network, email, web and phone services.
· Garnered 5 new accounts and 15 referrals due to my conscientious work and unique web designs.
· Bachelor of Science, Computer Science Cal State, Los Angeles
AWARDS, PUBLICATIONS, CODING SAMPLES, AND AFFLIATIONS
· Active contributor to the open source community
· Ruby Blog: Riding Rails
· “Asset Compilation Techniques”
· “Fixing Time Zone Aware Attributes”
· Riding Rails: Ruby Hero Award Winner 2010
· Coding Samples
· GitHub: https://github.com/tgupta
· Member, L.A. Ruby
Member, L.A. Ruby Study Group
5th April | 08:00 AM