Last updated on Feb Wed, 2023 3520
What is ReactJS Table?
The most popular table framework in React is called the React Table. At the time of writing, it is believed to have more than 13,000 ratings on GitHub, is frequently updated, and supports Hooks. The react-table module is fairly compact and provides all the fundamental functionality required for any straightforward table.
React Table can be used for fundamental functions such as filtering, sorting, as well as pagination. It can be used for custom user interfaces without compromising functionality. The user can also use its extensibility with ease using the unique plugin Hooks where he can add his own features on top of the library.
Use of ReactJS Table
Since React-table is easy to set up, adapt, and extend, it is a popular option. ReactJS's tables are a strong and declarative tool because of their sorting, pagination, and filtering capabilities. We can modify or extend any logical step, stage, or process internally with React-own table's plugin system. We can also alter every aspect of its appearance, including the smallest detail.
Wish to make a career in the world of Reactjs ? Then Start with React JS Training !
How to Create a Table in ReactJs?
The command below is required to construct a React app.
$ npx create-react-app myreactapp
1. React-Table installation is the next step. React-table can be installed using the npm command listed below.
$ npm install react-table
2. Once react-table has been installed, we must import react-table into the react component. To do this, add the following snippet to the src/App.js file.
import ReactTable from "react-table";
3. You are now good to go.
Become a master of React Js by going through this HKR React Js Tutorial !
ReactJS UI Features
- It has 100% solid UX and UI. Fonts that are easy to read and unique features inside the table's user interface
- Offers simple choices for sorting and filtering
- Based on data types, there are specific sorting and filtering options for columns (numbers, boolean, string, etc.)
- To load data, make remote data calls.
- Simple choices for sorting and filtering
Features of ReactJS Table
- Support for pagination or indefinitely lengthy tables that can be performed on large datasets
- It is little, barely 11 kb and it only requires 2kb for styles).
- It can be entirely customized
- Through callbacks and optional props, it is entirely controllable.
- There is server-side and client-side pagination.
- You can filter it.
- Reversing and aggregating
- Simple and easily themeable design
Top 30 frequently asked React Js Interview Questions !
In this article, we have discussed REactJS tables. A ReactJS table can be defined as a configuration that arranges data into columns. Data present in a structured format is stored and displayed using it. A lightweight, quick, fully customizable, and extendable data grid designed only for ReactJS is called the ReactJS-table. We have talked about the installation process of the ReactJS app. We have also discussed the features of React UI along with the features of ReactJS tables.
As a content writer at HKR trainings, I deliver content on various technologies. I hold my graduation degree in Information technology. I am passionate about helping people understand technology-related content through my easily digestible content. My writings include Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Python, Salesforce, Servicenow and etc.
Upcoming React JS Training Online classes
|Batch starts on 6th Oct 2023||
|Batch starts on 10th Oct 2023||
|Batch starts on 14th Oct 2023||
React-table must be installed using package management (Yarn or npm) before we can import it into our React application. To do this, run the command below. ‘useTable’ should be imported from "react-table"; After installing and importing the react-table, we should define our data and columns.
- To save data, create a React state variable. For this initial import, ‘useState’ should be imported from "react";
- Make an API request, then store the information.
- Render the API data and return it, or you might say display it.
Install a library then import it into the project to use styled components. To build a div with the CSS styles for your table, create a component called Styles and use themes from the styled-components library. Put the whole of your code for the Table component's creation in a separate function.
React Table is used when you require a straightforward table with less information and fundamental capabilities such as column filtering, sorting, pagination, and global filtering. Additionally, if you desire total control over the styling and UI of the table.
Since React-table is easy to set up, adapt, and extend, it is a popular option. ReactJS's tables have filtering, sorting, as well as pagination capabilities, making it a robust and declarative tool.