Yes! Although the two professions employ the use of two varying sets of skills, obtaining proficiency in mathematics and statistics could significantly bridge the gap. In addition, you would also want to gain expertise in various tools that are relevant to a data scientist.
Both Data Science and Data Engineering are very lucrative career options with high potential for quick professional and economic growth. Choosing a career path would involve a study of the differences between data science and data engineering, your proficiencies, and in the end, success would be decided based on your hard work!
Some people believe that becoming a Data Scientist is difficult and that the work function of a Data Engineer is complicated. However, whether any job role is easy or difficult is entirely dependent on your preferences, skills, and experience with various technology. Assess your proficiencies and inclinations, match them with the skills required in each profile and go with the one that suits you the best.
- It is currently in high demand among employers.
- Data Science is one of the most highly paid jobs.
- With numerous real-life applications,
- Data Science is a very versatile field
- It has a steep learning curve
- Data Science is a blurry term and may include in its data analysis, data preparation, etc.
- Data Science is difficult to master as it requires the employment of various skills such as machine learning, programming, business strategies, statistics, etc.