Angular JS vs React JS - Table of Content
What is ReactJS?
ReactJS was developed by a software programmer at Facebook and later has been implemented in other products. ReactJS makes use of server-side rendering, which helps in delivering a performance-oriented solution. It is responsible for developing just the view layer of an application. ReactJS includes two main components that define the HTML code you would like to see in the UI and the HTML document in which all the components are rendered.
What is AngularJS?
AngularJS is an open-source framework that is used for the development of dynamic applications. In AngularJS, the developers are allowed to make use of HTML as a template language.
AngularJS was first developed by Google and has become one of the most popular frameworks in the last few years. It also provides support for the MVC programming structure. AngularJS also offers data binding. In AngularJS, the developers use the HTML syntax for expressing the components that are in the application.
Want to Become a Master in AngularJS? Then visit here to Learn AngularJS Training !
Angular js Certification Training
- Master Your Craft
- Lifetime LMS & Faculty Access
- 24/7 online expert support
- Real-world & Project Based Learning
History of ReactJS:
- Jordan Walke was the software programmer who created React in the year 2011. It has become an open-source framework in the year 2013.
- Later, in the year 2017, Instagram and Facebook released React 16.0.
- In September 2017, React fiber was released, and it is an ongoing implementation of React's core algorithm.
History of AngularJS:
- The primary release of AngularJS took place in the year 2010 by the tech giant Google.
- The next 2.0 version, also known as Angular 2, was released in September 2016.
- In march 2017, the Angular 4.0 version was released.
- In November 2017, the Angular 5.0 version was released.
Features of Angular:
Below listed are some of the features of Angular:
- It is currently in parallel with other technologies.
- It saves time through the typescript.
- There has been an improvement in the error handling support.
- The coding is concise and clear.
- It is flexible to provide seamless updates.
- It helps with forms and validations.
- It makes use of local CSS or shadow DOM.
- In angular, a separation between the business logic and user interface exists.
- It provides built-in support to Http, ajax, and other observables.
Features of React:
Below listed are some of the features of React:
- AngularJS helps in saving time during the development of front-end applications.
- It provides a seamless user experience with utmost speed.
- The development process has become very fast using Angular.
- It provides the developers with the flexibility to make use of third parties.
ReactJS vs AngularJS - Key Factors Comparison
1. Technology type
- AngularJS: AngularJS uses the component-based architecture with a change in the technology stack - Typescript for AngularJS.
3. Languages used
4. Debugging & Testing
- ReactJS: ReactJS will need a certain set of tools for performing the testing and its types.
- AngularJS: AngularJS will only need a single tool to perform the project's testing and debugging processes.
5. Data binding
- ReactJS: In ReactJS, it is not possible to make changes to the UI elements without updating the corresponding model state. Hence it supports and uses only one-way data binding.
- AngularJS: In AngularJS, the model state changes when there are any changes in the UI elements. Hence, it supports two-way data binding.
6. Latest version
- ReactJS: The latest version of ReactJS is React 16. 8.6, which was introduced in the year 2019.
- AngularJS: The latest version of AngularJS is Angular 1.7.8 which was introduced in the year 2019.
Subscribe to our youtube channel to get new updates..!
- ReactJS: It allows server-side rendering.
- AngularJS: Angular provides client-side rendering.
8. Companies using
- ReactJS: ReactJS is used by multiple companies like Netflix, Uber Technologies, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, etc.
- AngularJS: Angular is used by different organizations like Beam, Streamline Social, Wepay, Mesh, Auto Trader, etc.
- ReactJS: MIT license is used in ReactJS.
- AngularJS: MIT license is used in AngularJS, which is free of cost for commercial purposes.
10. Document object model
- ReactJS: ReactJS uses a virtual DOM (document object model). React is capable of making changes only to a single element without the need to make changes to the complete tree structure through the virtual DOM.
- AngularJS: AngularJS uses the real DOM which needs the complete tree structure to be updated whenever there is a change that takes place in Angular.
11. Speed and productivity
- ReactJS: There is a lag identified when ReactJS works with redux.
- AngularJS: The speed and productivity levels are high in Angular when compared with ReactJS.
- ReactJS : ReactJS needs additional tools for dependency management.
- AngularJS: There is no need for additional tools for dependency management in Angular.
- ReactJS: The performance is fast as React uses virtual DOM.
- AngularJS: The performance is low when compared with React.
- ReactJS: ReactJS does not provide support for routing.
- AngularJS: AngularJS makes use of the controllers or the templates for the router configurations.
15. Suitable for
- ReactJS: ReactJS is best suitable for the development of single-page applications which requires an update of multiple views at the same time.
- AngularJS: AngularJS is best suitable for the development of single-page applications which require an update of a single view at the same time.
Become a master of AngularJS by going through this HKR AngularJS Tutorial !
React vs Angular - Pros and Cons Comparison
Below listed are the pros and cons of ReactJs:
- ReactJS is easy to learn as it is simple to design and develop.
- It provides a seamless user experience.
- It helps in faster development and also helps in saving time constraints.
- It utilizes functional programming, which helps in creating easy and reusable code.
- React is flexible and efficient.
- It is easy to migrate among the different versions available.
- It also provides the flexibility to work with third-party related libraries.
- The configuration and setup process is required during integration.
- There is no official documentation available.
- ReactJS is not a complete framework.
- There is a high requirement for user knowledge whenever there is a need to integrate the UI with an MVC framework.
- It provides multiple options for the developers to develop the best of it.
Below listed are the pros and cons of AngularJS:
- AngularJS provides a clean and clear structure and code.
- It helps in making precise decisions.
- It provides global community support, which helps in increasing the framework's reliability.
- It works with the MVVM model, which allows the developers to work separately within the same app by using the same data.
- It provides high performance.
- It is capable of handling routing.
- It uses Angular CLI to get seamless updates.
- It is difficult for beginners to understand angular.
- Integration with third parties is a tough job.
- The performance is low as it loads the pages slowly.
- More chances for migration issues to occur while switching between the different versions.
Top 60 frequently asked AngularJS Interview Questions !
Angular js Certification Training
Weekday / Weekend Batches
Popularity and growth of AngularJS vs. ReactJS
React has a much larger number of Github repositories when compared with angular.
As per the NPM trends, it is understood that there is a high difference in the number of downloads between Angular and React. React is one of the frequently downloaded frameworks, and the download count is thrice that of AngularJS.
When compared with React and angular, React has popularity due to its features and working style.
Mobile solutions of ReactJS and AngularJS
AngularJS and ReactJS can be used for the development of mobile-based applications. Let us discuss the mobile solutions offered by each of the frameworks.
- ReactJS: The react native platform is used for the creation of mobile applications in react. It also allows the developers to allow the local user interface, make it into parts or modules, and then tie them to the local code. The syntax differs.
- AngularJS: The ionic framework is used for the development of mobile applications in Angular. It includes a robust user interface component library that has an easy setup and can build hybrid applications. The applications that are built in Angular are slower when compared with React.
Market trends and job vacancies
Choosing the right framework and implementing the same on the project will help you attain the success of the project. It all depends on the goals and requirements of the project. Both the frameworks - React and Angular, have their own set of advantages and disadvantages, as discussed above. Considering all the factors, ReactJS would be the best choice as it requires less coding experience and has gained higher popularity. If you are looking to work on full-fledged frameworks to develop large-scale projects, then Angular would be the best for them. ReactJS training helps you achieve the best in your career.